Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Poop Happens

Today I am reminded how human I am.

I hate that.

Reminders come when things break.

They won't work.

Children cry.

Or scream.

Or have completely record breaking poop blowouts...

In the car...
When you have somewhere to be...
And there aren't many wipes.

Wow!

These days it is hard to stay calm.

Hard to find peace.

And it is hard to remember poop happens.

We are human.

It is this kind of day when I try to remember all the counseling suggestions I dole out. And try to apply them.

And often fail.

I am human.

I try to remember to sing, be thankful, relax and stop rushing. I try to remember I don't need to push myself to get it all done. I try to not care about things that upset me...

but don't matter.

It matters that I keep my cool in front of my kids.

They matter.

They are watching.

And learning.

They are not learning perfection. I can't teach them that.

What I can teach them is grace.

Forgiveness.

Humility.

And to get up and try again.

I can never teach perfection, but I can try to teach them how to deal with imperfection.

I am human.

They are human.

Humanity is imperfect.

Poop happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment