Saturday, August 10, 2013

Fear or Wisdom

Is it fear or wisdom?

That is the question I am learning to ask myself.

It's in those moments right before you do something. One of two warning thoughts goes through your head.

It's somthing like- Oh, no. What if...

Or- Hmm, maybe I shouldn't...

In my experience, the "what if" is almost always fear based.

It's the thought about 101 things you saw in those horror movies you wish you hadn't watched. Or, the story on the news.

The other thought, the maybe you shouldn't- Yeah, that is almost always the Holy Spirit trying to share wisdom.

I heard this right before I began digging a hole in flip flops instead of sneakers. Oh, if I had listened.

It's the times when I take shortcuts or do things quickly. Then I hear it.

As you might glean, I often still think I know better and regret going forward.

Maybe this will help you do more and regret less.

A little clarity goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment