Wednesday, August 7, 2013

One of Those Days...

Today was one of those days.

Days when you want to whine, complain, and basically, check out for a little while.

Too bad Tahiti isn't in my back yard. The pictures of the seaside hammocks call to me on these days.

Today was like that.

I caught glimpses of my Bible out of the corner of my eye and knew that was exactly what I need, but I didn't have... well, really make the time to open it.

I had a bit of a worship song run through my head and I wished I could keep it playing on repeat... It faded.

It along with my peace.

It was like having a headache and not taking the medicine right there on the shelf.

It was like being hungry, but not eating.

Being hungry makes you cranky.

I was cranky.

Till I worshipped.

I breathed.

I listened.

I sang.

It's amazing what singing praise to the Lord will do.

Even if you don't sound good, even if you don't know the words or mess them up...

There is just something about it that detatches you from the funk you are in.

It distracts you and puts your mind on all that is good.

It is freeing.

Everything else fades into the background.

Selah.

Next time I will sing.

Tomorrow I will sing.

Now, I sing.

Sing!




No comments:

Post a Comment