Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Best Worship There Is

Recently I wrote a blog about Living Water. In it I noted ways one can worship. I listed music, reading or quiet time and enjoying His creation.

It brought to my attention that I missed the best type of worship. I alluded to it in my last points, but negated emphasizing it.

This worship is that of replication.

We act like Him.

We do what He did.

This is the most honoring. In this we emulate, acknowledge and affirm Him as worthy of so much that we want to be like him.

Many want to be "like Mike". They aspire to be like their hero as they play basketball like Michael Jordan or sing and dance like Michael Jackson.

We have all probably known someone who was someone famous' "biggest fan". They probably wore their t-shirt, tried to copy them and talked incessantly about that famous person.

Maybe you thought it was a bit over the top. Maybe you shook your head. Maybe it was you.

I want to be like that.

I want to be seen as a bit over the top. I don't care if people shake their head. I want to be His biggest fan.

I want to make Him my hero.

I want to honor Him, worship Him that way.

I want others to want to know Him because I show them who He is as they see how I am because of Him. I want them to see how satisfying He is because my life represents a glimpse of Him.

A glimpse of Love.

I also want to do what He did in worship of Him. I want Him to look at me and my attempts to mimic Him and say, "Well done my good and faithful servant".

He showed us this type of worship as He did what the Father was doing. Now, we are to do as we saw (heard of) Him doing.

So, what did He do?

Feed the hungry, heal the sick, cast out devils, raise the dead...

Do what He did.

He loved on broken people.

He loved in people like me... like us.

Now we get to do the same in our thankfulness and in our worship.

He is worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment