Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Enough

Today I tried to calm my son who was beside himself because he wanted to eat. What struck me was that even though the nipple of the bottle was in his mouth, he screamed on oblivious to it.

How many times do we do that?

Could it be true that maybe what we really need, what we desperately desire is right in front of us? Sometimes we scream looking for more when what we have is enough.

I ponder, when was the last time I looked around at what I have and rested thankfully? Just drank it in.

Am I striving for not?

My son, realizing he has the bottle in place drinks and is quieted. May I be quieted. May I rest in the present "enough."

I also consider myself as the child of a living God. He holds the bottle. All I need, He provides. It is and has been provided. It is "finished."

My son falls asleep in my lap. He is in perfect peace.

Father, may I rest in your arms.

You feed me. You hold me. I will rest.

No more striving.

I rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment