Friday, July 26, 2013

Aha!

Has there ever been something in scripture that you have heard in sermons, seen or even read countless times and you thought you had it. You thought, "Yeah, yeah...", but then things changed.

All of a sudden you read that section or verse again and you are awestruck with a revelation. You wonder, was that always there?

How did I miss that?

I recall this happening many times. Years ago I remember reading Zephaniah and though I know I had read the Bible through several times, this time I saw Jesus everywhere. It all felt new. I wondered if somehow I had skipped it in past readings.

Was it there all along?

It was like I was blind, but then I saw. I saw Him!

The Spirit was bringing things to my attention. I was so excited I remember bringing the Bible out to my roommate rejoicing as if I got a raise. It was awesome.

Why isn't it always that way?

So many times scripture can feel dry. It can seem like your favorite jeans, well worn and comfortable. But, old none the less.

I pray scripture feels new to you today. I pray we all get some of those aha moments this week.

Maybe you had one today.

Maybe you need one today.

It's a reminder that the Word is alive!

May it speak to you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment